Alberto’s significant experience covers a diverse range of situations which include:
- Various types of anxiety, phobias, panic attacks, many forms of anxiety attacks, fears, and many other anxiety related disorders.
- Different forms of depression, grief, bereavement and loss, and related issues.
- Eating disorders in their many forms, including binge eating and anorexia nervosa.
- Issues with low self-esteem, poor confidence, difficulties with decision making, need for better assertiveness and similar problems.
- Personal relationships (which in itself is a wide area covering many related aspects).
- Stress management, both for work related issues and more individual types of stress and tension.
Alberto is trained and experienced in a wide range of psychological tools and successfully uses them with his clients. His main approach is integrative, meaning that he tailors the most suitable tools for each individual case. Some of the most frequent approaches used are CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), TA (Transactional Analysis) and Gestalt Therapy, in combination with suitable methods for each client in order to optimise the therapeutic efficacy.
As part of his flexible approach to counselling, Alberto also makes use of online sessions, as well as the regular face-to-face sessions.
Among his other accreditations, Alberto is proud to indicate his recognition by the Accredited Register Scheme, set up by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).