Terms and Conditions for Scotlink Ltd (trading as Harley Psychiatrists)
These Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of our website and service, Harley Psychiatrists accessible at https://harleypsychiatrists.co.uk.
These Terms will be applied fully and affect to your use of this Website and service. By using this Website or Harley Psychiatrists service, you agreed to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Website or service if you disagree with any of these Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Due to the COVID-19 situation, all consultations are taking place by video meeting (unless explicitly agreed otherwise in advance)
- If a script is written following a psychiatric appointment, this will usually be posted out to you. Postal services are currently severely affected by the COVID-19 situation, and although we try our best to prevent delays, many scripts are delayed by the postal service/courier. It is possible a script will take around 2 weeks to arrive.
- Appointment confirmation letters take on average two weeks to prepare, and are only provided as standard for initial assessments. Where applicable, more comprehensive reports may be produced with a separate fee (contact the admin team prior to the appointment to request this).
- If you require a report for court, legal purposes or any other medico-legal service, please be aware that standard assessments are neither suitable nor sufficient. If you do require such a report or any other legal services, this is offered as a separate service by specifically designated practitioners and cannot be combined with a standard assessment. Standard appointment confirmation letters are rarely, if ever, acceptable by courts or for any other legal purposes.
- Psychiatrists and other practitioners are not normally able to discuss questions (for example, regarding treatment dosage) outside of appointments. To speak with your doctor after the consultation, contact the admin team who will help to book a short follow-up appointment. Any unplanned/unscheduled correspondence between the clinic and any third-parties (for example: family / friends / other medical practitioners / solicitors / employers / etc) will be automatically billed at a standard hourly rate of £385 (subject to change, accurate as of April 2020), with minimum increments of 1-hour for each action.
- A standard 48-hour cancellation/rescheduling policy applies. Appointments cancelled or rescheduled within 48 hours will incur the full fee.
- A diagnosis cannot always be established in a single appointment, and treatment plans can vary.
- The quoted appointment length is not an exact guarantee of face-to-face time with the doctor. For example, a 1-hour appointment typically involves around 45 minutes of face-to-face time, with the rest used by the doctor for essential administration related to the appointment, including: consideration of issues raised, preparation of script or treatment plan, etc.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, Scotlink Ltd and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website.
You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any Website material in any other media;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being accessed by you and Scotlink Ltd may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
In these Standard Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. By displaying Your Content, you grant Scotlink Ltd a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party’s rights. Scotlink Ltd reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
The Harley Psychiatrists Service
“Harley Psychiatrists” is a trading name of Scotlink Ltd and provides professional services to independent mental health (or other) practitioners. These services include, but are not limited to: marketing, advertising, appointment booking, administrative duties, report writing, client correspondence, room hire, reception duties, and more.
The employees of Harley Psychiatrists are not involved and shall not be held liable for anything connected to clinical planning and decision-making, or medical issues of any kind. All customers booked through the Harley Psychiatrists marketing/sales/booking services for the independent practitioners, in all their consequent professional interactions (including health, safety, record-keeping, and all other aspects) are the sole responsibility of the relevant independent contractor, all of whom maintain their individual professional indemnity cover.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Scotlink Ltd express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall Scotlink Ltd, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. Scotlink Ltd, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
We cannot necessarily accept responsibility for and/or handle complaints of a clinical / medical / healthcare nature, if these relate to the independent practitioners that make use of our administrative/professional services. However, in an attempt to simplify things for the service user, we will accept complaints and attempt to rectify them if they involve anything we are responsible for, and/or we will attempt to pass your complaint to the relevant independent practitioner. The complaints policy (for complaints relating to our administrative functions, which are not related to professional/medical functioning of individual practitioners) can be found by following this link: Complaints Policy
We are always interested to receive suggestions for improvement. If you would like to inform us of any suggestions you may have or provide feedback about your experience (whether anonymously or not), please use this form:
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Scotlink Ltd from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
Scotlink Ltd is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The Scotlink Ltd is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Scotlink Ltd and you in relation to your use of this Website and Harley Psychiatrists service, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the United Kingdom for the resolution of any disputes.